I just finished GTA V, and here’s a quick review of it. Finished under 41 hours, 7/10.
- The game rocks at visuals and is full of detail.
- Gameplay is excellent. Whether it’s guns, driving, mission design, heists or whatever, the game works the way you expect it, and is thus fair despite challenging moments.
- The plot had high hopes of working well, but was brought down by a lack of clarity and pacing. Whether it’s good or bad, I’m not a fan of it.
- I have mixed feelings with the game’s geography. On one hand, it feels more accurate and accommodates the detail to a better designed San Andreas – complete with sprawling highways, a mountain and a city that’s full of identity.
- On the other hand, it sucks because this is just a third of the San Andreas that I truly remember. WTF happened to San Fierro and Las Venturas?
- Finally, this game has made sure that I will never buy another Rockstar Games product in the future, thanks to its strong distrust to its customers with retarded DRM. Screw the Social Club, and say hello to a different club with EA and Ubisoft – publishers whose games I have refused to acknowledge since Mass Effect 2.
Finished under 41 hours, 7/10. Game is considered crippled due to DRM, so I’ll also cripple its score.
Red Dead Redemption remains to be the best R* game out there.